Monday, March 31, 2014

Tuesday: Reflection and write day

Reflection on the DWA and "Apology" Paragraphs and HOS paragraphs


(30 minutes) Anchor Set review: Review and calibrate.

(20 minutes)Today I am going to return to you a few important pieces of writing that you have completed this semester. I would like you to assess your performance on these skills, using the three writing pieces in front of you.

Here is the link to the handout I would like you to complete today: Reflection ELO


4. Writing.4
Clear and Organized Writing
Data: Analytical Essay
(A:Advanced Proficient, P:Proficient, AP:Approaching Proficient, NP: Not Proficient)

Skill
A
P
AP
NP
1) Use pre-writing strategies to organize my ideas




2) Write opening paragraphs that introduce my topic, set context, and make a strong thesis statement.




3) Write interior paragraphs that use claims, supported by evidence and commentary.




4) Create conclusions that wrap up my ideas and show a comprehensive understanding of the topic




5) Revise to correct grammar and sentence structure




6) Revise for word choice and voice







No comments:

Post a Comment